✈️

✈️
Instagram

TFDD/ The Fashion Dos & Donts : The Pear-shaped Pals


Well well,every female creature dreams to have apple, inverted-triangle shaped body and maybe a small proportion of them too desire an attractive hour glass body. 

Why?
Because those body shapes can let them pull off almost every kind and every style of clothing stunningly. They can look great even in a piece of rag. 
That’s totally a thing girls with pear-shaped bodies envy from time to time. I have stronger-than-the-strongest empathy on this, being a cant-go-wrong pear-shaped lady myself. 

Pear-shaped people, it makes no difference how skinny they are. If they wear a t-shirt with the wrong length and worse if they match it with a pair of skinny jeans, they will look having-consumed-too-much-lately.

I have had struggles buying clothes ever since I started “growing up” and going through that damn puberty. I used to own an okay body where the shoulders appeared to be broader than the hips until that damn puberty came gate-crashing. The change was completely silent. I didn’t notice it until gradually finding myself looking all fat in outerwear and jeans when I weighed not more than 46kg with a height of 160cm. (that was my weight and height back then.)

That time I was in the age of 13 or 14. 

13 is the age you start being very aware of your looks and styles, whether your outfit is okay, if your hair looks great instead of like a bush and throwing all that am-I-attractive-am-I-fashionable questions at yourself. But as I say, that is the age of your start, so you are being inexperienced and on your way figuring things out. 

I went through that phase and DEFINITELY didn’t excel it. I remember buying some sweaters, button-up blouses, outerwear, t-shirts, jeans and denim shorts because I thought I would look like this:



When the heart-shattering truth was that I looked like some 100kg female creature.



╳  The DONTs For The Pear-shaped :


  • Don't wear tops/ jackets/ outerwear that reach down to your hips and thighs. They are going to do nothing except to show how gigantic your hips actually are.


  • Don't tuck in. Yeah, tucking in shirts is a fashion trend but it depends on the bottom you are wearing. If a shirt and a pair of fitting jeans? Damn hell no, don't you tuck in.
Don't you see the lady's shoulders appear wider than the hips? Yes that is the core key to look good tucking in.


  • Don't wear cropped tops. Believe or not, there are still quite a number of cropped shirts and hoodies in my wardrobe which I worn only once to twice. Not dumping them because they smell money.
     


  • Avoid light or white bottoms. You know the principle.


  • Avoid skinny jeans and leggings and short shorts. It is always advisable not to buy pants, shorts or whatever bottoms online unless you are a 100% sure of the right bottom measurement for you. Though honestly, I still do that these days because what's the use of refunding?



  • Avoid bodycon clothing. There was one time I tried out a bodycon dress and was in so great astonishment that I almost keeled over looking at my huge hips. So don't ever challenge yourself as you might get traumatized. 
You thought you would look like this.
when the truth is you will look like this.
NO, DON'T GET THERE, IM NOT INSULTING ANYONE.

  • V-neck tops. As your hips grow wider than most of the people, you will have seemingly narrow shoulders. So for me, I will try to avoid wearing v-neck tops and hoodies. Both will cause only a small part of my shoulders are clad, creating visually small shoulders and making shoulder lines hardly visible. Despite that, I bought a lot of hoodies because I just love hoodies too much. But like I say, there are still hoodies that fit just well so it is really up to your luck.










The DOs For Pear-shaped:

  • Wear long tops that are slightly above your knees. Just to cover up your hips.
This picture is a pretty good example. Try wearing jackets long like the one worn by the lady on the right and avoid wearing the one on the left. For girls with a height of 164cm (my current height), the correct measurement will be 75-78cm.

  • Wear shirts that place perfectly plus slightly below your waist and just above your hips. For me, I have slowly figured out that the perfect length for me is 59-61 cm, can't be 1 cm more or less.

  • Wear light or white tops with dark or black bottoms. Avoid bright red, bright pink, any colors in their bright tones. 

  • Wear tops that show off your shoulders: off-shoulder, halter tops, u-neck tops, strappy tops, tank tops.  Like I said earlier, your shoulders will appear narrow due to your too-ardent hips, so expose your shoulder lines and neck and your collarbones. 
off-shoulder with denim skirt

u- neck
Halter top

  • Bottoms: Culottes aka wide-leg pants, straight pants, drape pants, A-line skirts, Flare skirts, knee-length skirts. Or maybe the bohemian pants.The bottoms are the most crucial part here. Having bought the right bottoms, you can put on any tops, you can tuck in with NO problems. These bottoms are going to distract people from looking at your hips and let them focus on your small waist. 
best when your culottes are in vertical stripes







  • Shorts that are wide at the end and not around your hips.
Spot the girl in white tee, yeah, look at the shorts she was wearing. The length can be said as the perfect length. When you get the perfect shorts, you can even tie up your shirt like the girl in yellow.
  • Tie a jacket around your waist. To make your small waist more prominent than your hips.

  • Wear dress/ long jumpsuit or playsuit. Yes, no kidding, but I always find pear-shaped people looking the greatest in these outfits, excelling the ladies with other body shapes and winning the champion ohyeah!
Olive green jumpsuit




The main core is SHOWing YOUR WAIST COVERing YOUR HIPS.






  • Sweatpants/ Drape pants/ Track pants. Well, these can be both a do and a don't which is all left to the cutting. A cutting with a wider width at the calf and ankle areas will be the best choice. Wide in the hips only is totally not going to work out on you.

Here is a recommendation: Drape pants from Uniqlo look kind of good on me, so I guess you can try them out!
this is a YEAH.

Alright, I guess we are coming to an end. 
They always say "embrace your curves" but uhhum, I am not there yet. I am still learning to accept my body shape in this age of unofficial-18. I really hate my hips lmao. Have it not been them, I would have bought lots of skinny leggings and jeans, matching them with sweaters and hoodies. Those boyfriend and oversized tops are never for me though I would love putting them on. Anyways, I like culottes and a-line skirts and drape pants too hehehehehhehehe. 

Do you enjoy reading ? 
Click the like and share!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fotd: DUBUYO [NU Sentral]

Poetry: The Sparkling

【推文】《最佳贱偶》容光 :书评+简介