✈️

✈️
Instagram

Fotd: DUBUYO [NU Sentral]


Oh well, Hi.
Guess we need a greeting before getting down to the nitty-gritty.

How's life?
The last two months had been a blur to me. I proceeded to my tertiary education, entering a university, starting my life as a foundation student, meeting many new faces and befriending a few. I have never been very good at socializing, so adapting to the new place and new people took me quite some time and not without getting homesick alone in the dorm.
In fact, I'm still accustoming myself to this new small community now after 2 months of staying.

But I'd say that I am a little blessed with my cousin studying in the same school where we get to meet up every day for lunch and dinner. The even more awesome thing about having her around is that we get to roam out of the campus every weekend, to the city malls out there, and try out new food and new stuffs. Just one night that rang me a bell and I started making plans to write food reviews for every new dining place we have been.

14th June, 2018.
KL Sentral :

DUBUYO

A Korean Restaurant



Not being a K-pop hardcore fan doesn't make me not a Korean food lover.
I always have a liking in Korean food as it is usually savory and flavorful which suits me beyond just fine.

How's the place?
The place was fairly packed with people during the time we went as it was lunch hour but it didn't take long for the food to be served. We waited for time around 15 minutes.
The price was not so affordable for students broke af like US but it was reasonable, depending on the dishes ordered. You don't expect to get a pot of Jigae (broth) with lots of ingredients at the price of Pa-Jeon (Korean Pancake) marked Kid Meals. Overall, it ranged from RM13 to RM30. There were special value sets with moderately-awesome deals for the customers as well.

1. Korean Gogi Set

One of the value sets.
It came with...

Honey Garlic Bulgogi Chicken/ Kimchi Gogi Chicken🥘 + A small bowl of Rice 🍚+ 3 Side Dishes of the day + Soup + A drink🍵





Price: RM15 (considering no fking GST included, what a bless!)

I ordered Kimchi flavor instead of Honey Garlic.

Comment:
The serving size was GIGANTIC *nah KIDDING, but was definitely not small. I was so full to the nose when I finished the whole set, hardly making my way out of the restaurant.
The chicken cubes stir-fried with cabbages tasted fully-absorbed in juice, making every bite locked with the flavor of kimchi and gogi. Not too oily and greasy. Having the chickens with rice was just perfect. The side dishes were small servings of corns and peas, kimchi and vegetables.

Rate: 7/10

2. Cheese Bibimbap (Chicken)



Price: RM20.75 (price inc. GST, bear with my brain, it forgets.)

I don't find the need to explain what a Bibimbap is as majority of us know what it is. Even if you don't, you can Google it and a list, longer than the toilet roll, of results will appear. However, as I'm generally a very nice person who never not share, I will tell you that a Bibimbap is


a stone pot of rice topped with a variety of ingredients like meats, vegetables and a sunny egg with the egg yolk half cooked at the middle of the bowl.

Before you give it a go, you're supposed to mix everything in the bowl with EXCLUSIVE Korean spicy paste. It is healthy!

Comment:
For this Cheese Bibimbap, it was so "cheesy" that you wouldn't get a spoon of it without the "cheesy" taste. As you mixed the bowl, the cheese stretched into strands and that was the most fabulous scene you would ever want to see. DEFINITELY worth trying and worth reordering! If you are a cheese die hard lover, YASss YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS. It led me to heaven and I believe it will do the same to you.


Rate:  7.5/10


Overall?

The environment was okay but definitely not a go-to for the instagrammers. It was not photogenic.
Environment (in terms of photogenic) : 4/10

Needless to say, I was quite satisfied with the food. Haven't got to try out the other dishes including topokki and bingsu as we were too full to consume any more. Well, NEXT TIME !
Food: 7/10
Price: 7/10


Yay or Nay? 
YAYYYs, You got this, DUBUYO! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry: The Sparkling

【推文】《最佳贱偶》容光 :书评+简介